Tis the season…..
Work-life balance can be a challenge, especially during this time of year. I am often reminded of the basic Project Management Principles: Initiation (identifying a business need or a request from a customer) Planning (putting together a guide on how to achieve your end goal) Execution (as a famous coach once said, “Do your job”) Monitoring (making sure that the execution is taking place and progress is being made) and Closure (wrap up, ensuring all agreed upon deliverables are met). Can these principles help you have a terrific holiday season with loved ones while ensuring you continue to meet work deadlines? (SPOILER ALERT- They do!)
Here are some tips to a less stressful holiday season guided by the PM principles:
- Initiation: Identify, or write down what you need to accomplish for both work-related and non-work-related commitments, most importantly make sure you set realistic expectations
- Planning: Make that list and of course check it twice, don’t spread yourself too thin and over-commit, allocate your time for your appointments
- Execution: Stick to the plan- no scope creep! Follow through, (complete the items you identified in the planning stage) Focus on the goal, and most importantly slow down and be in the moment
- Monitoring: Take a breath and review your commitments ensuring they are being done, enjoy the process, heck maybe have some eggnog!
- Closure: All good things and bad things come to an end, take a moment to reflect on your plan and execution so that you can learn and hopefully repeat it next year
If you haven’t clicked around our website please take a moment to review how Winslow Technology Group can provide solutions to help you navigate all your business needs.